Sunday, November 1, 2009

Starting Over

I think starting over is the one thing I do the most often. I used to get frustrated at myself for having to have so many "do-overs", but if you don't occasionally need a "do-over" are you really learning? Learning what NOT to do is just as important as learning what to do. Some lessons are more effective when they are accompanied by a pain point. How many times did you have to touch the hot stove before you realized that it wasn't a good idea? Just once...I hope.

Okay, so the last diet didn't work, neither did spending only 45 minutes per week with God, and trusting that person again was definitely the wrong move. So now what? Do you start shopping for a larger size, decide that maybe God is just tired of you and stop trusting people altogether? You could...but why?

Focus on failures just long enough to decide what you did wrong and what you are going to do differently. Then try a more reasonable approach to fitness, get creative in finding ways to spend more time with God and be smarter about the people you allow to become a part of your life. See, starting over isn't so bad is it?

We were all blessed with different strengths and weaknesses (yes, weaknesses can be blessings) so there are some things we are going to get right the first time around; and yet there are other things that we have to "start over" with every time we wake up.

Today is Sunday, November 1, 2009. I need this day documented because once again I have decided to start over. Remember we as prima donnas are responsible for writing our own song - and my song was becoming too repetitive, anti-climatic and just plain dreary. Today begins verse 1 of my new song and for rest of the lyrics; you have to stay tuned - oh and don't forget to write your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment