As I enter into the last couple of days of my 21-Day 'Daniel Fast' I am reflecting on what God has shown and said to me throughout this intense yet amazing experience. The one voice that keeps popping into my head is not that of God's but actually my 2 year-old son. His little but confident voice saying "It's mine!" keeps playing over and over in my head. My son says "it's mine" about any and every thing he wants. No matter how big or small or where it may be, if he wants it..."it's mine!" is the first thing out of his mouth. He will say "it's mine" about the food he sees on his sister's plate and the Walt Disney World commercial he sees on television. When he wants something...he already claims it as though it is his.
What if we lived life that way? I'm not talking about going around taking things that don't belong to us or thinking we don't have to work for anything, but about having so much faith in receiving God's best that we go ahead and claim it. My little boy may be on to something.
I may not jump up immediately and go to the store every time my son says "it's mine," but to be completely honest, if he says "it's mine" enough times, I will eventually remember that thing he wanted and get it for him. With my limited budget, limited resources and limited memory. The love that God has for us far surpasses the love that I have for my child and He has unlimited resources, He knows all things and He is the ultimate provider. If I am moved to give my baby boy what he has already claimed, why wouldn't God do the same thing for us?
We need to learn how to walk boldly through our lives and wake up everyday believing for the desires of our hearts. When my son gets out of bed in the morning, he walks up to me points toward the kitchen and says "waffles." Now granted, we need to work on his approach, but he has the right idea.
When he wakes up in the morning he expects to be fed, he expects to be well taken care of, and when he says "it's mine," he expects to have it. Sometimes he gets water when he wants juice but that is because I am his mother and I know when to give him what he wants and when to give him what he needs. When he gets thirsty enough, he ends up drinking the water and forgets all about the juice.
I am thankful for this close and intimate time I have been able to spend really listening, reading, praying and worshipping. It has been amazing. Sometimes my little boy will just run up to me and almost knock me down to give me a big hug and a kiss and say "I luh you mommy!" I see it as his way of thanking me for all those "it's mine!"s I have to hear throughout the day. So today, I say I love you God! Thank you for moving on the desires of my heart so quickly. Thank you for moving on the hearts of others to join me in this fast. Thank you for keeping me well nourished throughout this entire journey. I will continue to walk with You, talk with You and most importantly trust You. Our relationship means the most to me..."It's Mine!"
No comments:
Post a Comment